Hello Glade Elementary students and parents! I’m Mrs. Johnson, the School Counselor. This 2019-2020 school year is my 6th year at Glade Elementary. I have taught in our district for 10 years before becoming a school counselor. I am so lucky to get to do this job!!!
As a School Counselor, I perform the following roles in order to promote positive development in academic, career, and personal/social domains:
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Classroom guidance (i.e. large group counseling)
- Attend and participate in academic intervention meetings
- Organize and administer building testing
- Observe students in various school environments
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers, and students
- Respond to school crisis or emergency situations
- Provide information and resources to parents on variety of issues
Please don’t hesitate to call or email me if can I help in any way!